Sun Hydraulics Promotes
the Fluid Power Industry
Suns' Support for Fluid Power Education
- Donate relevant products to colleges and universities around the world. Fifty-six different universities are supported in the U.S. alone. To view an exciting example of Sun's support for fluid power education, read this Maha News article about the world's first on-highway hydraulic hybrid SUV.
- Supply data to universities to accurately generate dynamic models of Sun cartridge valves for use in programs such as Simulink and AMESim.
- Offer internship opportunities for fluid power and manufacturing engineering students. In the past ten years, students from many United States, United Kingdom, and German universities have spent time at our facilities learning about the industry and contributing their talents. A number of interns have been hired following their graduation and successful internship.
- Provide support in universities for valve and hydraulic system research projects for students to earn degrees.
Organization Support and Involvement
- Sun Hydraulics LLC is a member of the National Fluid Power Association. Sun is recognized as the first NFPA member to become an NFPA Foundation "Legacy Builder".
- Sun Hydraulics Limited is a member of the British Fluid Power Association, BFPA.
- The UK facility is also a member of the research consortium at the University of Bath.
- Sun Hydraulik GmbH is a member of the Verband Deutscher Maschinen- und Anlagenbau – German Engineering Federation, or VDMA.
- All Sun companies regularly support academic conferences focused on fluid power. These include ASME, the conferences held in Aachen, Dresden, Linköping, Tampere, and Bath.